Monday, May 25, 2020

Dairy Free Ranch Dressing

Has having a dairy free lifestyle prevented you from ever having Ranch Dressing?  Or suddenly converting to a dairy free diet?  I've been able to recreate a Ranch Dressing for my family that allows us to still enjoy the things we like and allow new possibilities for those of us that haven't been able to have something because of the ingredients.  This Ranch Dressing is mayonnaise based, and since it's naturally dairy free, it's a no brainer.  I know you're probably thinking, but how is it healthy?  For starters, I make my own mayo so I can control the ingredients I am putting into it.  Second, don't eat a ton of it!  Is there really a dressing that is healthy for you?  No, not really.  Even the vinaigrettes (oil based dressings) are not healthy if you have too much of it.  Why not indulge once in a while!  Enjoy the little things like Dairy Free Ranch Dressing!

Serve it with your favorite salad, I'd suggest a Cobb Salad, or even as a dip for breaded chicken.  Serve on a sandwich or simply a quick salad you have for dinner that night.  However you choose, to it will be the best!

Ingredients:

  • 1 c. mayonnaise, I make my own
  • 1/2 c. olive oil
  • 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 clove of garlic, grated
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp dill, dried
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

  1. Combine ingredients into a small bowl.  Whisk until well combined.  Serve!  It will stay in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
  •   

0 comments:

Post a Comment