Sunday, June 28, 2020

Chicken Fried Rice


Chicken Fried Rice with Orange Chicken and Turkey Egg Rolls

    It's nice to know that my kids prefer my Orange Chicken, Chicken Fried Rice and Egg Rolls to Chinese takeout.  It's a rewarding experience for me to make this for my family because I know they really enjoy it.  This Chicken Fried Rice is extremely quick and easy to make, and what I like best about making it at home, I get to control the salt.  Also, not everyone in our family likes eggs, so I scramble up the eggs separately.  Those who like eggs may add it to his or her individual plate.

    I often use fried rice as a way to incorporate veggies that we have on-hand, something I can use up from the freezer or fridge.  I've used carrots, onions, corn, broccoli, and peas.  The recipe pictured above includes carrots, onions, corn, and broccoli.  Cauliflower or mixed veggies would also be good in this dish.

This recipe serves 6 - 8.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp sesame oil, you may also use olive oil
  • 1 clove of garlic, grated
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 3/4 c. baby carrots, diced
  • 2 chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 c. frozen corn or peas, for this recipe I used leftover corn from the cob
  • 1 pkg. chopped frozen broccoli
  • 2 eggs, scrambled
  • 2 green onions, diced for garnish
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

  1. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok.  Add grated garlic, onions and carrots.  Saute for 5 minutes.  Veggies will brown a little.  Season lightly with salt and pepper.
  2. Add chicken.  Saute for 10 minutes on medium high heat.  Stir frequently.  Add soy sauce.  Stir to combine.
  3. Add broccoli, corn or peas.  Combine.  Adjust seasonings, adding more soy sauce if needed.  Turn down the heat to low.  Allow to cook for another 5 minutes to finished cooking the broccoli.
  4. Scramble eggs in a separate skillet. If your family likes eggs, feel free to add eggs to your fried rice.  We serve ours separately.
  5. Before serving, sprinkle green onions on top of the fried rice.  Serve and ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment