Monday, May 4, 2020

The Upside of Falling Down by Rebekah Crane

I can honestly say I haven't read a young adult fiction novel since I was a "young adult."  Yes this book is written for a young adult audience with the main character being 18, however I felt the author was able to present her character in such a way that grabs the reader from the beginning.  

Who hasn't ever wanted a chance in life to have a fresh start?  Clementine Hess is the survivor of a fatal plane crash and wakes up without any memory of who she was, including her name and family.  She has set out to achieve the goal of finding herself once and the life she had, but discovers so much more along the way.  In learning more about herself and conquering her fears, she believes that returning to the life she once had isn't good for anyone, especially her, or is it truly what she's missing?  Yes, she's lucky to be alive.  She has a loving family, or so she's told.  But she can't help the feeling inside that she needs to "find herself."

We often find ourselves taking things for granted, even our day to day lives.  While at times I'm sure we all wish we could have a "do-over" and change our fate or our lives.  But will that be worth it in the end?  What will you have to sacrifice to start over?  What will change and not for the better?  I have often wished for a way to start over, but I hate to lose what I have now.  Clementine is almost ready to give everything up for a new life, but is it really worth the risk?  

I hope you enjoy the book as I did.  Learning that despite what we think, life is not always greener on the other side of things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment