Sunday, June 7, 2020

Corn Salad Reinvented

    If you're like me, you're looking for quick and easy recipes for your family that are also healthy, but also something that everyone will enjoy.  In an effort to meet this above criteria, I came up with this easy corn salad also became a use up for some leftovers.  We had corn on the cob for dinner the night before, and I really try to use up or reinvent our leftovers so as not to waste them and throw them away.  My family loves corn, especially corn on the cob, and because of this we tend to have it often, and I always have corn in the freezer.  Don't fret if you don't have fresh corn to make this salad.  Feel free to use whatever you have, frozen or canned.  It will work just as well!


I used this salad also as a way to incorporate as many veggies as I know my kids love.  I'm so blessed that I have a family that loves their veggies, especially salads.  We have a form of a salad every night for dinner.  Even if we have a cooked veggie alongside.

Ingredients:

  • 3 ears of corn on the cob, corn cut off
  • 1/2 frozen peas, cooked and cooled
  • 1 c. cole slaw mix
  • 2 avocados, diced
  • 1 large roma tomato, diced
  • 2 green onions, diced
  • juice of two limes or about 3-4 tbsp
  • 1 clove of garlic, grated
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper.  Adjust seasonings accordingly.
  2. Add the other ingredients to a medium size bowl.  Pour dressing over the corn salad.  Mix and serve!
Extremely easy and delicious!!  Enjoy!

Corn Salad with hot dog and curly fries!

0 comments:

Post a Comment