Sunday, June 21, 2020

Our first harvest!


Red Leaf Lettuce
 For those of you who've known me for a long time know that I'm not the best with plants of any kind.  One of my best friends once asked me to water her plants while they were on vacation.  That didn't go so well...
But lately I've been taking the time to take care of our garden and flowers.  I was able to cut some of our first veggies, we had red leaf lettuce and spinach.  Wow!  I can't believe how fresh it all tasted.  Making a salad with these was incredible.  I didn't think it would be that much of a difference from store bought, but I was wrong.  I wish we lived in a place where we could garden throughout the year, but alas we don't.  I can't wait to be able to cook more with our other veggies and herbs that are continuing to grow!
Spinach



0 comments:

Post a Comment