Wednesday, July 8, 2020

P.S. I Love You and Postscript



    When I finished P.S. I Love You, I knew I needed to start reading Postscript immediately.  I fell in love with the characters in these books.  I must live under a rock, because I never saw the movie, although so many have.  Ahern captivates you from the very beginning thinking that you are actually apart of Holly and Gerry's lives.

    I found myself thinking about what Holly would do next, about the next letter she would receive from Gerry, how would she continue to move on through this journey.  Postscript picks up 7 years after Gerry's death, and Holly is once again swept back into her old feelings.  I was impressed how Ahern developed her characters throughout both books, sharing with the readers their lives, memories, families, and more.  

    If you are ready for a love story that will stand the test of time, these books are for you!  They were both quick and easy reads, mainly because I was so immersed into them.  Thank you Cecelia Ahern for bringing Holly and Gerry to life, even in the afterlife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment